9.4.14

INTERVIEW - Dale Ali



Dale Ali, you may not have heard of him but that’s all about to change. Dale is a cheeky; driven and very talented young singer, and he’s about to release his debut single, Never Go Back….

Not long until your single is out, are you excited or nervous?

I'd say I'm a bit of both if I'm honest. With it being my first single there's mixed feelings.


What can fans expect to hear?

I think its something they wouldn't expect from me, which is what I like. I like to keep them guessing and having them wonder what it's going to sound like.


When did you first want to be a singer?

I first wanted to be a singer when my mum took me to my first concert, which was Donny Osmond.


Did you ever think one day you'd be releasing your own single?

Not at all, if you'd of told me last year that I’d be bringing out my own single and it was going to be on itunes and could end up in the charts I'd of probably laughed about it. It's not that I don't believe in myself, just didn't think it'd of been possible for someone like myself to do that


You've auditioned for X factor in the past, what was that experience like? Did it teach you anything about the music business?

The experience for X Factor is so surreal, like I used to sit at home and watch the TV show, a year later I'm on it myself. It's just so strange, but if I were honest, I would recommend it to anybody. The amazing people you meet along the way that stays friends for the rest of your life. Being apart of the X Factor has taught me a lot about the industry, basically you need to look after number one. When I say that I don't mean kick people down, I mean if you get an opportunity to do something and so does someone you know, you need to give it your all. You can't hold back with anything in life, and if you have a dream about being a singer, you need to grab it with both hands and make the most of it.


You were part of a boyband recently why didn’t that work out? Do you prefer being solo?

Yes I was part of a boyband, and I loved every minute of it. I loved working with the lads and being apart of a group, but it just wasn't for me.


What's your fans reaction been like to the news of Never Go Back?

The support has been absolutely unreal. I always used to write my own stuff and talk about it, but never released anything. So to actually get the ball rolling with this and push forward they've been amazing.


Are you planning on touring at all anytime soon?

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. I can't answer that one just yet. Who knows maybe a few radio tours and that here and there, but that’s all I can give away.

Can we expect more music in the further, maybe even an album?

Yes! Without a doubt, and yeah who knows maybe even an album too.


Quickfire Questions

Favourite food?

Would have to be a McDonalds.

Biggest fear?

Moths! Well they’re not really a fear, I just hate how they spring out of nowhere and attack your phone or your face or something.

Worst habit?

I'm not sure what that is. I'm pretty sure my mum would give you a few though.

Biggest turn on?

This sounds so stupid, but if a girl can sing and she does like a Beyoncé growl! Or the Irish accent!

Most embarrassing moment?

I recently did a show in Darlington, North Yorkshire and I'd missed my change so I took my blazer off, then started unbuttoning my shirt and ran over to the side where one of my team was stood, she grabbed the sleeve, pulled it, I spun around and went to go back onto stage and I ran into my mic stand. That has to be the most embarrassing to date.

Who would play you in a film about your life?

It would have to be Justin Bieber. Only because if he's in it, I know people would go to the cinema to watch it.

Never Go Back is set for release on Sunday 13th April
You can pre-order your copy on itunes HERE and on Amazon HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment