22.7.13

Interview - Charlie King


We spoke to TOWIE's incredibly lovely (emphasis on the lovely) Charlie King about life on the show, his friendship with Bobby and those muscles! Read it here...



Hi Charlie, another dramatic series of TOWIE under your belt, how's life changed since you joined the show?

Life has changed in the sense that people recognise you and tend to have a lot of questions and opinion on your life or what's been happening in the show, it's really strange having people ask for photos but it's also very flattering.

We saw a little less of you this series compared to past ones, was it nice to sit back and enjoy the drama for a change? 

So much drama and situations occurred whilst Filming S9, that obviously had to be followed so that's why I was seen a little less. I have to say I'm all about avoiding as much drama as possible so it was better for me to sit back and watch from the side-lines.

We did however see you in your element at Danny O's MJ party, how much fun did you have filming those scenes?

Anything MJ is the perfect way to put a smile on my face or get me on the dance floor. I have to say they were some of my favourite scenes to film and it's great having someone on the cast who is fanatical about MJ too.

Do you sit and watch the show back on ITV2? What's that like?

I do watch the show and actually can still sit there like a regular viewer and get caught up in the drama, the emotion etc, which is great- it’s never lost its spark for me.

Have you ever said something an instantly regretted it knowing everyone will hear it? 

I think we all regret something we have said at one point - I guess that is real life. In the heat of the moment I have blurted out something to Gemma, which in hindsight I regretted. Everything is cool now.

Now we amongst others have developed a slight crush on you and on the show you talk a lot about finding love, how could some lucky person win you over? 

It's all about a connection with someone. I’m quite a deep, serious sometimes over thinking kind of person, so I like people who lift me, make me laugh and can also stimulate me in conversation and keep things exciting by being spontaneous.

You and Bobby started the business Leo, how's that going? Who would be your dream client? 

Bobby’s dream client is Chezza Cole and mine would have been MJ, however me and Bobby think organising Elton John’s Vanity Fair party would be incredible.

Speaking of Bobby you and him have developed into a great double act, why is it do you think you two get on so well?

Bobby and myself just clicked from the day we met. It goes back to an instant connection. He is funny and brings out the funny side in me. I think because we are actually very different we complement each other well.

Back to that crush we mentioned, it hasn't gone unnoticed how extra 'muscly' you're looking, was it a conscious decision to hit the gym?

Hitting the gym was a little bit of everything, I have always been health conscious and like to look after myself. It was intense to train 6 weeks eating a very strict diet but it paid off and now it's just about maintaining it. I feel when you look good and feel good you put a better energy out there.

It's been possibly one of the best series of TOWIE, what was your personal favourite moment?

My personal favourite moment of series 9 was the candid style ending to the series that Arg filmed. Oh and I rewound Lucy throwing the wine in Mario’s face a few times that was just hilarious.

If you could swap places with another cast member for a day, who would it be and why? 

I wouldn't really want to swap with anyone but I do love Joey Essex’s approach to life. He is fun and easy going and a genuinely lovely boy. I like it that he has a very supportive family and good friends - plus I'd like to experience how his brain functions and how he comes up with his randomness.

And finally, will we be seeing you in series 10?

Series 10 is a little way off, anything can happen but I'm sure if they have me back, you will be seeing more of me in the autumn.


No comments:

Post a Comment