25.7.13

Interview - Emily Garner

We Spoke to Britain and Irelands Next Top Model's latest contestant to leave the show, Emily Garner. We spoke to Emily about life since the show and whats next for her. Read what she had to say here...



Hi Emily, how's life changed for you since the show has hit our screens?

It’s been crazy. I've been getting recognised in the streets. I've even had a fan page made. Didn't expect it at all. 

What made you want to take part into the show, besides the modeling contract?

I wanted to see if I was good enough. And I wanted a new challenge. 

Has it changed your opinion on the modeling world?

No I think it's confirmed for me what the industry is really like. Although the show is a very unreal situation. 

What was your personal highlight of your time on the show? And what was your lowlight?

My highlight was working with the judges. And meeting Laura of course. No matter what happens with my modeling career i'll always have her. And my lowlight would definitely be the nude shoot episode. 

Would you do anything differently? Any regrets?

I wouldn't do anything differently. Because if I did I may have ended up leaving even sooner for a different reason. 

We saw you take part in a variety of photo shoots, which did you enjoy most?

The underwater shoot. I thought it was so much fun. 


From all your final shots, do you have a favourite?

I think either my Louis smith or my fairy tale shoot. 

Elle, Dannii and Tyson offer lots of advice on the show, who do you feel helped you most?

I think Elle helped us the most in terms of technical ability. However the support and comfort from the other two was great. 

During the show there's lots of special guests, did you ever get star struck?

I think I did a little bit. Especially with Louis Smith because I follow the gymnastics. But you get to a point where the show is so crazy that you almost don't realise what's going on! 


We only get to see a glimpse of life in the model house, what's it really like living with all those other girls 24/7?

To be honest it's fairly normal. We weren't in the house a lot and when we were we were tired and had to film. Me and Laura would be off in our own little world acting like idiots. 

We saw you and fellow contestant Laura form a great bond, why do you think that was? Are you still in contact?

We just knew how to pick each other up. And we used each other to calm ourselves when we got stressed. It made the whole process more enjoyable. Yes we are and I want to keep it that way! 

From the remaining girls who would you love to see win the top prize?

I'd love to see either Sophie or Emma win. 

Bit of a toughy, but who do you thinks time is coming to an end?

Erm based on the bottom 4s that have been in each episode potentially saffron. 

What will you take away from your time on the show?

Besides a great friendship, the whole experience was incredible and ill never forget it. I learnt so much and met so many amazing people. And the advice and guidance I got was priceless. 

Any advice for the aspiring models out there?

Be thick skinned and don't change who you are. Never give up. Never give in. Never back down. It's a tough industry. 

And finally, what's next for you?

I’ll be setting off for a two week military camp. Then who knows. Hopefully this won't be the last of me in the modeling world!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment