15.8.13

BINTM - Episode 9



The competition well and truly heated up as we entered week 9 of Britain & Ireland’s Next Top Model thanks to Elle revealing that the girls are off to Barbados! Well, six of them are. One unlucky girl will be sent home instead of boarding a plane for a once in a lifetime experience. Ouch.

With more at stake than ever, the nerves were high as the girls had their first challenge of walking in a show for the Fashion Targets Breast Cancer event. With the trip of lifetime hanging in the balance, all the girls pulled out everything they had and put on a show like pros – even with the pressure of having Elle in the audience watching their every move!


With the challenge in the bag, the girls directed their focus to this week’s shoot and pulled their best pouts for a beauty shoot for Revlon. I let out quite a big sigh at this point as a beauty shoot was perfect opportunity for Holly to shine and for me her time was up in the competition. She just doesn’t capture my attention like the other girls and I didn’t feel it was right that she could possibly go through based on this shoot.

I needn’t have worried however, as in a shock twist, out of all the girls it was Holly who failed to impress both the client and the judges, and she was sent packing back to Ireland as the remaining girls prepared to fly to Barbados.


Angel and Naomi shone for me this week, as in the Revlon shoot both girls appeared the image of effortless beauty in their final shots. Sarah, with the absence of any fear to conquer, didn’t catch my attention and, if anything, I thought she looked quite old in her shot. I think I definitely prefer her in the more edgy shoots compared to beauty. Sophie and Emma got good shots, as did Lauren, but I must admit the judges favouritism of Lauren is starting to get a bit annoying as I’m not always sure she deserves it and I did wonder this week if she is starting to become a bit complacent due to the constant praise. I’d really like to see her challenged so maybe Barbados will make that happen?

In the next episode we follow the girls on their adventure to the Caribbean which looks set to be full of ups and downs as the girls battle on to become Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model!






No comments:

Post a Comment