26.8.13

Luke Carson - 1000 Dreams.



1000 DREAMS - IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS - COMMONWEALTH GAMES GLASGOW 2014

You may remember we introduced you to Luke Carson last week in our latest Man Candy feature, since then Luke has had all his funding cut. Having just qualified for the World Championships and already having qualified for the Commonwealth Games, this lack of funding will have a devastating effect on his preparation making is near impossible for him to train full-time, something incomprehensible for an elite athlete. In association with Machine Fitness Luke will be relying on donations to fund his regimented training regime. Every penny donated will go to funding Luke’s dreams. Here’s everything explained in Luke’s own words…

The last year has been completely filled with a vast range of emotions!
I was selected to compete for my country at European and World level and then began trailing for London 2012 Olympic games.

After sustaining a fractured tibia and going through major surgery on my leg I heard I might not ever be able to train on my leg again but now this year after winning the Irish champion title and Northern Irish champion title and then also Qualifying for next years Commonwealth Games I am fighting through and now have been selected once again to compete for my country at World championships this September which is a true honour and real milestone.

As you could imagine it has been an extremely trailing year emotionally and physically, battling with adversity and myself in and out of the gym, to now being told all of my funding has been cut.  
I now have no income what so ever and am completely relying on savings to support myself to train, pay rent, pay gym fees, food costs, travel costs etc. This is on top of everything else is soul destroying and making an already hard lifestyle even harder. 

I am now fitter and stronger than I have ever been before both mentally and physically but being able to train and pay for living costs is simply impossible. I have already qualified for next years Commonwealth games but it now seems very unlikely I will even be able to train up to that point without some financial aid from somewhere.

I'm paying in the range of £1k per month to train full time and live in Huntingdon UK.

Any support/funding I can get will fuel my hopes and dreams of Competing at the Commonwealth games next year and making history for my country.
Anybody who is willing to donate/subscribe to my cause no matter how big or small can be assured that their money will 100% be going to simply enabling me to train full time, help pay rent and help pay gym fees.

Luke Carson....”

If you'd like to help Luke on his road to Glasgow and come through where the men in suits failed just click the DONATE button on his blog.

1 comment:

  1. The kindness shown by so many people melts me to pieces ... ThanQ all !

    ReplyDelete