31.8.14

Meet... Joe Simmonds



Hi Joe, for those that don’t know you, tell us a bit about what you do?

I’m a very young fitness model. I’ve been working towards this for the past couple of years and it’s just starting to take off; I’m also a footballer.

How did you first get into modeling?

Well I got injured through football; I ruptured all the ligaments in my foot. So I got told to go away, get bigger, get stronger; because I wasn’t very big. I was just a normal sized kid really. I went away and I was in the gym every day working hard on my strength and my fitness, then a woman approached me. She suggested I should take up fitness modeling, she sent me to a model agency who really liked me and it wet from there really. After that I got approached to do a fitness competition; competed on the 6th of April, and now we’re here.

What's the hardest part about the competitions?

Definitely diet. 100% diet. It’s horrible, you can’t have chocolate, you can’t have crisps, there’s nothing you can eat basically. You have to drink so much water, there’s no let up to it at all.


Is it competing or modeling that you’d prefer to make a career of?

Definitely the modeling. It’s more fun; you can be more creative with it. I do like the competition side of it but it’s brutal and it can take over your life a bit too.

You mentioned you played a bit of football…

Yeah, I was at Leyton Orient for 4 years and I’ve played for Crystal Palace, Wycombe, West Ham when I was a youngster, so I’ve played quite highly and I’m still playing now. I haven’t got a club at the moment but I’m working on that.

What's the next step for you?

I’ve got a photo shoot coming up in September so I’m just getting ready for that now. Then I’m just looking to boost my profile so I can get a bit of publicity for myself and see what happens.

Where would you like to be and what would you like to be doing in 5 years time?

The main goals for me are, to be playing professional football, 100%, and to be on the front cover of magazine.

Quickfire.

Worst habit?

Wasting food and being on my phone 24/7

Biggest turn on?

My girlfriend touching my back and my bum.

Pet hate?

People putting their feet up on the table. Their cheesy feet… it does my head in.

Most embarrassing moment?

I was walking to school with all my mates around me, there was a lamppost and I’ve just walked straight into it. It almost knocked me out, it was like everyone was there to see.

Favourite food?

Lasagne. My mum’s lasagne.

Best feature?

My Back.

Best chat up line?

I don’t really use them. Probably just telling my girlfriend she’s beautiful.

Worst fear?

Flying.

Head over to TWITTER and enter Joe's fantastic competition, fit for a fitness fan!


No comments:

Post a Comment